Austrian regiment Clerici (IR 44), raised in 1744 by the Marquis Giorgio Clerici. Duffy describes the regiment comprising of “2,300 vagabonds and ruffians”. Red facings, lapels and neck cloth were the uniform distinctions and turnbacks (white) were fastened back with red heart shaped fasteners. Raised in Milan, this regiment remained in Lombardy until the general call up of 1757. Theirs was the honour of storming the churchyard at Hochkirch.