vrijdag 24 april 2009

Deviate


I am not a wizard at Photoshop, but I wanted to try resizing some of the readily available online flags. Taking a tip from the banners and flags section at DBA Fanaticus, I would copy the coloured flags and change to a grey scale; painting in the colour later. This has advantages; shading and gold fringes and studs and importantly, the paper can be of lighter weight to fold and curl.

Unfortunately, there is something amiss with my printer, so rather than wrestle with needless stress, I took pen and paper to proceed to exercise my monk’s patience drawing flames, shields, rampant lions, crosses, crowns and the Madonna.

As you can see from the last photo, the flags turned out better than I expected. I have sprayed a fixative to keep the gold and silver from smearing. Tomorrow, the battalions and squadrons will have their flags.

Geen opmerkingen: