donderdag 23 oktober 2014

Spanish Succession and the Great Northern War

I have some time before my next order of ancients arrive, but looking at my list of projects I have 20 armies of the Spanish Succession period of which 5 are complete with flags; they are 2 Imperial, 2 French and 1 Bavarian.

The remainder could become, Danes, Dutch, Prussian, or additional French and Imperial armies, but that will be decided as the need arises.

I do however, need opponents to field against my 18th c. Ottomans. Russians at the time of Peter the Great would fit the bill. The Humberside list gives the Russians the following composition:

Early 18th c. Russian
2 – 4 Cv/Dr (Dragoon)
0 – 4 LH
0 – 2 Sh/Pk
3 – 8 Ms (musketeer)
1 – 2 Art

In the photo are the completed infantry (8 x 4Ms) and one artillery piece.
Tomorrow, I should have the cavalry finished including Dragoons mounted 3 or 4 foot figures and one mounted trooper on a 40 x 40 mm base.



While sourcing uniform information, I found a Russian three part documentary covering the Great Northern War that might be of interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY79...qh6mFEfvcoQt6u

This one is in French (no subtitles), which makes use of old film footage (1930’s) from “Charles XII” and “Peter the Great”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7aI_0jA3lI

I should have photos of the cavalry for my next post and the finished product with flags by the weekend.

Cheers,

Geen opmerkingen: